September 8, 2011

39 Weeks

I am exhausted and excited all at once. Yesterday night was a lovely blessing as Byron and I got to talk (TALK!) for hours together about a host of subjects, but most importantly, we made use of the time we had and spent it in each other's company. I am still giddy about our in-house date. This late night chatting was followed by hours of contractions every 3 to 5 minutes apart. Needless to say, I didn't get a great deal of sleep.

At my appointment today, the doctor let me know I am more dilated (hooray!) and the babe could come at any time. He even brought up the possibility of being induced on Sunday night, but that does not sound terribly lovely after my induction experience with Gilana. If I make it to 40 weeks, we shall have another chat about that topic. My hope is to go into labor naturally. Tonight would be good.

No comments: