This pregnancy has really flown by. There has been so much to keep me busy considering I have 2 little ones that occupy nearly every waking moment. Motherhood is a joy and a delightful journey to travel. Last week I found myself rather amused in considering another baby would be gracing our home with her infant voice and little (though assuredly powerful) presence in a span of only a few weeks. This considered, I determined to go and pack my hospital bag, but to no avail.
Within minutes of these thoughts, a sharp cramp gripped my side and left me unable to climb the stairs. This pain continued on for about 20 minutes when Byron called to check on me. Apparently my Dad had received a vaguely distressed call from someone he thought was me. I had never called him, but it prompted him to call Byron for information. Thus Byron was home from work in short order and soon after drove me to the hospital. We were there for about 6 hours with my contractions varying in intensity and duration. Since I did not appear to be dilating, we were allowed to go home with an order to rest. Bed rest.
I received these orders when pregnant with Camelia, but it seems slightly more daunting at this point. I am not a very good patient. The girls need attention, and I want to give it. Luckily I have help. Friends and family are gathering round to take the joy of my little rambunctious munchkins out of the house and off to grand adventures. Marvelous. This is clearly helpful in making me relax and let the beautiful little life inside me grow and flourish.
Now I am starting to think about her a great deal more and she is becoming so real, so present, so SOON to be here in my arms as a daughter, sister, and precious addition to our family and home. I am growing in excitement and desire to prepare for her. God's work is truly remarkable.
No comments:
Post a Comment