June 17, 2011

Design Dilemma

Curious.

Could this:



Become this:



I am at a loss how to make this happen.  My attempt to lighten the room thus far has resulted in blah and ick.  I am recovering the gorgeous chair, the antique style chest is now a subdued blue toybox, the mirror above the fireplace is white (previously goldish brown), and the couches are a gradated off-white.  Obvious fixes are the chairs need slipcovers, the walls need paint (pale blue/gray?), the house needs a cleaning, carpet needs a wash, and I need to figure out what to do with furniture placement.  Dilemma.  This room has been rearranged and reworked countless times.  To merely say "a dozen" would be a huge understatement as in the last several days I have attempted reworking the room's flow about 5 times.  Obviously, this girl needs some help.

Would a daybed work in here if I nixed a couch or two?

No comments: