November 29, 2010

Pacifier

We happened to find one of these for under $10
Today is a rather momentous occasion in the life of our Gilly-bean.  Last minute I decided not to go with Byron on his business trip and decided to dedicate this time to weaning Gilana from her "Ya-yas."  We started the process by going to the store where Gilana picked out a "new present" for herself.  She paid for it with a sum of two Ya-yas and told me she was "very excited" to see her new toy "at home in room."  We bought a kids discovery toy jelly-fish night light tank in hopes it would be both a good reminder of where her pacis went, and a distraction from the pain of no longer having that comfort.

The night started out great until she lay down without one in her hand and then wailed for comfort of Mama.  I rocked and soothed her for a while, but now she is moaning upstairs for a "New One!!!"  It is sad to hear, but hopefully she will get past this soon.  

2 comments:

Liz said...

Poor Gigikens!! I like your idea though Tasha, that's very clever. I hope the night got better!!

Luana Cathleen said...

:) go mama