I love being a dad and tonight reminded me why.
It was the annual church carnival and we decided to take the girls (even though it was way past their bed time). Camelia was strapped to mommy and GG clutched my neck as we rushed to the fun.
Initially Gilana was intimidated by all the excitement. But after a little cotton candy, a snow cone, petting rabbits, and a balloon flower from aunt Erin she was having a marvelous time!
GG was holding tight to her daddy the majority of the night as we explored the transformed church. Her frequent screams of delight and sweet little laugh brought joy to my heart.
Then came my favorite moment of the Carnival. As things were closing down and the exhilaration of the night was ending Gilana and I strolled away from the crowd to wait for mommy. We sat on a small wooden bench and as we sat she stopped to look at me. With a huge smile she patted me on the leg and lovingly said "daddy".
Then to top the night off Gilana set the record for sweetness. I was going through the routine where she said goodnight to Momma and Camelia. Then as I was putting her in the crib, she squeezed me around the neck and said "wuv wa daddy".
Being a daddy is wonderful!
1 comment:
Aw, Byron, I teared up at this one. I'm so happy you have such a wonderful family. I love you all and I can't wait to see you guys!!
Post a Comment