This is my first addition to our family blog and I am marking a very special occasion. Yesterday at 1:48 in the afternoon Camelia Adele DeChellis was born.
Tasha took two tablespoons of castor oil around 10 pm and her contractions began around 2am. We flew out the door, or at least waddled quickly, and by the time we got to Glendale she was in full blown (PAINFUL) labor. The nurse rushed to get her vital signs, hook up the I.V., and check how far she was dilated. Three centimeters, then four, and She was in terrible pain. Initially we didn't know if Tasha could get an epidural, she might have been too far along. Thankfully baby slowed down and she was able to get one around 5:30am.
We saw the doctor for the first time around 8 am and by then we thought the baby should be here any minute... but that was not the case and we wouldn't find out why until later. Several hours went by with constant contractions, not painful because of the wonderful epidural, and finally by 12:30 or so it was time to start pushing. It was at this time I remembered Tasha's dad Bill was a body builder because she was strong. Ten seconds at a time, three pushes per contraction, and finally after an hour we had our beautiful big baby. We now knew why it took so long... 9 lbs 13.6oz and 23 inches of baby! Not only that she was O.P. which means the big part of her head came out first, she was facing upward! We had a crowd of nurses visit shortly after who could not believe a baby of Camelia's size and position was not delivered by C-section.
The three most emotional moments in my life up until now have been watching Tasha walk down the isle, seeing Gilana's birth, and hearing Camelia cry for the first time. The moment I heard her little wail I overflowed with happiness. I am so blessed. My family also came down to give us love. My parents waited joyfully for 6 hours and a little after Joey, Bobby, and Danielle all joined in our happiness.
We can't wait to see Gilana's reaction to her new little sister and thank God for His infinite kindness!
"Every good and perfect gift comes down from above" James 1:17
"How precious are your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them they would number more than the sand; When I awake I am still with you." Ps. 139:17-18
5 comments:
Good job By, excellent first blog!
All I can say is: Praise God!
Praise God!
Praise GOD!
PRAISE God!
PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!
OHH the sweetness of a first cry...Mike and I are awaiting the sound of our beautiful little girl, and i know....if Mike, a very many man, cried at our wedding when i walked down the isle, he'll be overwhelmed when Lilyan cries her first.
We are thrilled for your family, Byron!
Love the Johnson's
hi there!! congrats to you! i was hoping to send you all a christmas card, but don't have your address!! could you email me? kurtjulieandkids@gmail.com
So I heard through the grapevine the new one was born. I can't wait to meet her. I need more advice cause I'm going to pop the question....-eg
Post a Comment